According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollet’s lawyers Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson released the following statement:
“Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with.”
“He has now been further victimised by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.”
Smollett last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Chloe Bailey Spotted Courtside With Rapper Gunna In This Curve-Hugging Fit
- Halle Berry’s Second rē•spin Edit Collection Is Perfect For Your Fall Athleisure Drip
- Yung Miami’s Mom Shared A Throwback Jersey Dress Pic Of The Rapper And It’s Too Cute!
- Ashanti Shows Off Her Killer Curves While Turning Up On Vacation In The Bahamas
- Issa Rae, Yvonne Orji & Jay Ellis Bring The Style On The Cover Of Entertainment Weekly
- TRIED IT: 5 Beauty Products That’ll Enhance Your Shower
- Mayoral Candidate, Kasim Reed Responds to NAACP’s Atlanta Chapter [Audio]
- Serena Williams Supports Her Hubby In A Hot $399 Alamour The Label Asymmetric Cocktail Dress
- Chloe Bailey Explains How And Why She Became That B*tch, And We Agree
- Here Are 5 Times Doja Cat Gave Us Style Goals