Kenneth ‘Babyface’ Edmonds has written over twenty-six number one R&B hits so far throughout his career and we don’t think he’s done yet! Babyface got his name from funk king Bootsy Collins in the late 70s while playing for him because of his youthful look. Early on in his career Babyface join the groups After 7, Manchild and The Deele. But his gig with The Deele would be a pivotal point in his career because that’s where he met Antonio “L.A.” Reid. Babyface and Reid both remained with the Deele until 1988 moving on to forge a partnership that would produce many hits for R&B lovers.
Get Exclusive News and Contest in Your Inbox:
In 1989 the duo started LaFace Records and soon became a powerhouse in the R&B world launching the careers of many greats such as Jon B, Usher and Toni Braxton. Babyface writing and producing catalog is full of hits such as ‘I’m Your Baby Tonight’ by Whitney Houston, ‘Let it Burn’ by Usher, ‘Don’t Be Cruel’ by Bobby Brown ‘I’ll Make Love to You’ by Boyz II Men, ‘Sittin Up in My Room’ by Brandy, ‘You’re Making Me Hight’ by Toni Braxton, ‘Can We Talk’ by Tevin Campbell and many songs of the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack including ‘Exhale Shoop Shoop’ By Whitney Houston to name a few.
In addition to writing and producing for others Babyface has and some hits of his own including ‘Whip Appeal’, ‘It’s No Crime’ and ‘Someone To Love’. Babyface has won over 10 Grammys and his been nominated dozens of times for his work. In 2013 Babyface received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Babyface continues to write and produce music for others and releasing music of his own to this date.
- Cam Newton Gets Swung On At His Own Football Camp [Video]
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Free Health Fair Offering Thousands of Dollars in Services!
- ‘RHOA’ Star Marlo Hampton Is Reportedly Not Returning For Season 16
- Solange Knowles’ Son Daniel “Julez” Smith, Jr. Walks For Versace During Milan Fashion Week
- Darryl George To Remain On In-School Suspension For Refusing To Cut His Locs, Texas Judge Rules
- Brahmin X Coco Michele Collaborate For Black History Month, Celebrating Art And Blossoming Black Femininity
- Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
- JT And Solange Knowles Had A Girls Night Out In Milan – See Pics
- Front Row Fabulous: Tracee Ellis Ross, Yara Shahidi, & More Sit Pretty At Prada
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2024
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
Shooting At Kansas City Chiefs Parade
Usher Developing Series on Black Love In Atlanta… And Social Media Has Thoughts
From The “A” To The World: Reactions to Usher’s Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show
X Clowns Jermaine Dupri’s Apple Music Halftime Show Fit, Say His Socks Were So So Trash
Make It Last Forever Tour Featuring Keith Sweat, Tyrese, & More
Cirque du Soleil Returns to Metro Atlanta!