Barack Obama and Joe Biden could be teaming up again to save the world in a new cartoon.
We’ve missed the bromance that marked Barack and Joe’s time in The White House. They were capable leaders who worked for the people because they were of the people, and a Kickstarter campaign aims to reunite them for a cartoon that calls them back to duty .
Creator Adam Reid is trying to raise $100,000 to make a pilot for Barry & Joe with a new campaign. The hope is to make enough to make a prologue and mini-episode prologue.
Barry & Joe: The Animated Series will center on the former president and vice president, who have been sent back in time to the bodies of their younger selves and tasked with the mission of changing the future. Neil DeGrasse Tyson, their only link to the present, will help them along the way by appearing to them “the form of an augmented reality that only they can see and hear.”
If this idea seems a bit familiar, it’s because the cartoon will have touches of Quantum Leap. The show will also borrow on concepts from 80s TV, so it will be cheesy in the best possible way.
Donald Trump will be the villain of the show, but he’ll never be seen on-screen. Going by the concept art, the only glimpse viewers will ever see is a tiny orange hand. “In this way, he is like our Doctor Claw from the original Inspector Gadget cartoon. A villain to be heard and felt but not seen. Except for his tiny hands, we’ll see those.”
The story kicks off in the moments after Trump’s inauguration as Barack and Joe are whisked away to start their new mission.
As of press time, Adam had raised $22,171. Find out more about Barry & Joe: The Animated Series before the campaign ends on August 31.
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading WATCH: Someone Wants To Make A Cartoon About Barack Obama and Joe Biden
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson