Divorces are known to bring out some of the most outrageous, petty and downright ridiculous requests when it comes to dividing up assets and demanding money. Actor/comedian Mike Epps has found himself in the middle of such a situation, as his ex-wife is asking for a massive amount of money in monthly support for a very questionable reason.
Mechelle Epps, ex-wife of Mike Epps has laid her claim to a significant piece of the actor’s fortune, as she is demanding $109K a month in financial support to care for the former couple’s two daughters, her mother and herself. According to TMZ, Mechelle Epps is asking for the large monthly sum because in her words she is “too old” to work at the ripe age of 36. Wait, what?
Mechelle says that Mike makes about $3.5 million a year, but since their split he has cut her off financially by terminating access to their bank accounts and credit cards, leaving her with no income. The couple have been married over a decade and have two children together, so Mechelle should definitely get some substantial means of support, but claiming to be too old to get a job is ridiculous.
The full rundown of Mechelle Epps’ financial demands are as follows:
Mechelle says she spends several thousand bucks a month on shoes and clothes for their 10 and 12-year-old girls. Plus, the girls have to get their hair braided at an “expensive salon” … not to mention food, vacations and $72k per year for private schooling.
She also says her mom handles nanny duties for a mere $3,500 monthly, plus another $600 to cover Mom’s Mercedes.
According to [court documents], $109,036 per month from Mike should cover everything. Mechelle also wants sole possession of their house. He filed for divorce in January 2016, but they’ve yet to reach a final settlement.
Mechelle also states that during their marriage Mike never wanted her to work, so as a result she has no skills to actually go out and obtain a job of her own. The question here is, what did she do for money before she married him? How did she support herself? This story is just beginning and we expect it to get even messier before the final ruling is handed down.
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
Also On Majic 107.5, Atlanta:
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson
20 photos Launch gallery
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20