Last summer Simone Biles won all our hearts with her astonishing, record-breaking turn at the 2016 Rio Olympics where she won a whopping five gold medals. Since then, she has enjoyed a whirlwind of TV and event appearances, frequent red carpet moments and she even got the opportunity to meet Barack and Michelle Obama. Well now she has another big announcement that will require her to strap on her dancing shoes.
Source: EMMANUEL DUNAND / Getty
The cast for Season 24 of ABC’s hit reality competition show Dancing with the Stars has officially been unveiled and Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles will be in the running to grab the coveted mirror ball trophy. Like her Olympic gymnastics teammate Laurie Hernandez, who won last season of ‘DWTS,’ Biles is ready to give it her all and make it all the way to the end.
As reported by Entertainment Tonight, Biles will be in good company on this season of ‘DWTS,’ as the legendary Mr. T has also been added to the cast and will mark his first television appearance since 2014.
Meanwhile Biles expressed interest in competing on ‘DWTS’ last season, but prior commitments kept her away. She stated to Entertainment Tonight at the time:
“I would love to [join DWTS], but the fall season won’t work because [of] the tour,” said the 19-year-old gymnast, who was scheduled to participate in Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastics Champions from September through November. “If I could do the spring season, I would love to do that!”
“I think [I’d like to dance with] Sasha [Farber],” she revealed. “I think it would be cool to be with Sasha.”
Well it looks like she got her wish! As of now, the rest of the season 24 cast is being kept under wraps, but will be revealed shortly. The season premiere of ‘DWTS’ airs March 20 on ABC.
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading Simon Biles Set To Compete On ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 24
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson