The seemingly never-ending drama between exes Keshia Knight Pulliam and Ed Hartwell is seriously messy and unfortunate. Despite ending their marriage while she was pregnant amidst cheating allegations, the former couple still must deal with each other for the sake of their newborn daughter, but things are off to a very rocky start.
Source: Paras Griffin / Getty
Former Real Housewives of Atlanta star Ed Hartwell finally took a DNA test for his daughter Ella Grace with ex-wife Keshia Knight Pulliam and accepted the positive results despite his suspicions that he could be the father. However, he is now claiming that he doesn’t think he should have to pay child support for his daughter because his finances need to be worked out legally, according to a report by TMZ.
The TMZ report reads:
Ed Hartwell filed new docs in his pending divorce from the former TV star, and admits he’s their newborn daughter’s dad … as results from his long-awaited paternity test proved.
Here’s the thing though … Ed says he shouldn’t have to start shelling out dough yet — at least not until a court decides exactly how much he should pay in child support.
In the docs — obtained by TMZ — Ed says he’s not buying Keshia’s claim she needs emergency financial support, because they both have deep pockets. Plus, he says she’s not considering his own expenses in setting up a nursery for the kid at his place.
This is such as sad situation. When Keshia Knight Pulliam should be completely enjoying the joys of being a first-time mother, she has to deal with the effects surrounding a marriage that likely should have never happened. Here’s hoping she can put this behind her sooner rather than later and enjoy her baby girl.
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading Ed Hartwell Admits He’s The Father Of Keshia Knight Pulliam’s Baby, But Doesn’t Want To Pay Child Support
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson