From USA Today:
Yiannopoulos’ book Dangerous was canceled abruptly Monday after Republican conservatives released clips of videos-with-audio in which he seemed to condone sex between men and boys.
In a terse statement released Monday afternoon, the right-wing provocateur’s publisher said: “After careful consideration, Simon & Schuster and its Threshold Editions imprint have canceled publication of Dangerous by Milo Yiannopoulos.” Minutes later, Yiannopoulos posted this on Facebook: “They canceled my book.”
Yiannopoulos’ provocative right-wing persona (he attacked feminists and trashed women who used birth control, to name a few of his views), helped get him a reported $250,000 book deal from Threshold Editions, a conservative imprint of Simon & Schuster, which was due to release Dangerous in June. The book stirred controversy and outrage from the get-go. When word of the deal came out late last year, it inspired critical tweets, threats to boycott S&S books and vows from some authors to find another publisher for their own books.
Racial justice group Color of Change also started a petition and ad campaign for the book deal cancellation.
Yiannopoulous, who is associated with White supremacy ideas, will hold a press conference in New York City on Tuesday, Feb. 21, according to a press release.
Stirring Photos Of The Black Lives Matter Protests In Baton Rouge
1. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 1 of 12
2. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 2 of 12
3. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 3 of 12
4. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 4 of 12
5. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 5 of 12
6. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 6 of 12
7. Baton Rouge ProtestorsSource: 7 of 12
8. Baton Rouge ProtestorsSource: 8 of 12
9. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 9 of 12
10. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 10 of 12
11. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 11 of 12
12. Baton Rouge ProtestsSource: 12 of 12
Simon & Schuster Cancels Book From Right-Wing Speaker Milo Yiannopoulos Amid Pedophilia Scandal was originally published on newsone.com