We knew to expect greatness from the First Family come Easter, if their picture-perfect smiles and ensembles of the past were any indication.
As always, Obama’s favorite girls glowed in beautiful bright hues — FLOTUS donned a teal sheath dress, Malia rocked a sleeveless blue-printed dress, Sasha got trendy with color-blocking, and Bo and Sunny (the White House dogs), served all the puppy cuteness:
But it wasn’t the First Family’s stylishness that hit us right in the heart. It was the realization that the first Black president and his family, two of whom grew up right before our eyes, will be leaving the White House come 2016.
Time flies when you’re running the country!
On Sunday, the First Family attended Easter service at the Alfred Street Baptist Church in Alexandria, Virginia. The church’s history dates back almost 200 years to Thomas Jefferson’s presidency, NBC reports.
Obama along with wife Michelle and daughters Sasha and Malia were welcomed to the historic church by the pastor, Rev. Dr. Howard-John Wesley.
“How fitting that on the day we celebrate the rising of our Lord and savior, we also welcome our sitting president,” Wesley said, as the congregation rose to their feet in applause.
President Obama likely spent the rest of the day with his family, while the White House geared up for the 137th annual White House Easter Egg Roll. White House photographer Pete Souza shared a few flicks of the preparations via Instagram.
This year’s theme is “#GimmeFive,” a way to “encourage children to lead healthy, active lives in support of the First Lady’s Let’s Move! initiative,” the White House said.
You can see more photographs of the First Family and the White House Easter Egg Roll here.
The Obama Years: Our First Family
1. The Obama Years: Our First Family1 of 12
2. The Obama Years: Our First Family2 of 12
3. The Obama Years: Our First Family3 of 12
4. The Obama Years: Our First Family4 of 12
5. The Obama Years: Our First Family5 of 12
6. The Obama Years: Our First Family6 of 12
7. The Obama Years: Our First Family7 of 12
8. The Obama Years: Our First Family8 of 12
9. The Obama Years: Our First Family9 of 12
10. The Obama Years: Our First Family10 of 12
11. The Obama Years: Our First Family11 of 12
12. The Obama Years: Our First Family12 of 12
This Photo Of The First Family On Easter Reminded Us Why We Love Them So was originally published on newsone.com