Lorenzen Wright was well-known for his community service and his career in the NBA, but how much do you know about the professional basketball player who went missing. Here’s 12 facts on the late Lorenzen Wright:
- Lorenzen Wright was born on November 4, 1975 in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Wright attended the University of Memphis.
- In 1996, he was drafted to the Los Angeles Clippers as the 7th overall pick.
- Wright played for the Los Angeles Clippers, Atlanta Hawks, Memphis Grizzlies, Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings and Cleveland Cavaliers.
- His had a career average of 8.0 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- Founded the Sierra Simone Wright Scholarship Fund after his daughter’s death in 2003.
- Wright was last seen on July 18, 2010 after leaving his ex-wife’s house.
- It was reported that a 911 call had been received from his cell phone on the morning of July 19. The caller was speaking with the dispatcher when gun shots rang out.
- Wright’s family filed a missing person’s report on July 22.
- On July 28, Wright’s body was found in a wooded area on Callis Cutoff Road.
- The case is still under investigation and is considered to be a homicide.
- Wright is buried in Calvary Cemetery.
For more on former NBA star Lorenzen Wright tune into TV One’s “Celebrity Crime Files” Monday, September 9 at 9pm.
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Celebrity Crime Files Tune In: Who is Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter? 9 Facts About The Former Professional Boxer
Who is Lorenzen Wright? 12 Facts About The Late NBA Player was originally published on theurbandaily.com