The liver is important. We don’t spend much time thinking about it unless it is in bad condition, If your liver is unhealthy, then so is your entire body because this organ affects virtually every part of your body. The liver is like a computer’s hard drive—it does all the hard work of running every system in your body to keep you alive and healthy. This includes filtering toxins, absorbing necessary vitamins and minerals, manufacturing bile, regulating blood sugar levels, producing numerous hormones and chemicals and managing a multitude of body enzymes.
But your liver is under constant attack from the foods you eat, the water you drink, the medicine you take and even the air you breathe. As a matter of fact, if you’re more than 40-years-old… eat the average unhealthy American diet… occasionally imbibe… drink regular tap water… or take medication, then your liver is probably in trouble and unable to optimally perform its duties. And your whole body can reflect this with achy joints, fatigue, high cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar problems, forgetfulness, weight gain, skin rashes, constipation and more.
However, there are cleansing nutrients that can remove the toxins and debris from the liver to keep it strong, healthy and able to perform its many duties within your body. These nutrients include…
- Milk thistle—Contains a powerful antioxidant called silymarin which protects the liver from toxic injury and helps regenerate new, healthy liver cells.
- Soy Lecithin (phosphatidylcholine)—Helps remove accumulated fat and cholesterol that obstructs your liver, repairs liver damage from alcohol and improves muscle function.
- Artichoke leaf extract—Helps improve the secretion of bile and supports healthy cholesterol levels.
- Burdock root—An antioxidant and “blood purifier” that helps neutralize toxins that enter your liver, as well as helping clear congestion in the urinary, lymphatic and circulatory system.
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC)—Helps eliminate painful kidney stones and serves as a powerful antioxidant to help reduce the effects of chemicals and toxins on the liver.
- Alpha lipoic acid (ALA)—Elevates levels of the enzyme glutathione, a strong antioxidant that helps restore liver health after damage from drugs, alcohol and environmental toxins.
For additional information pick up a copy of Easy Health Options.