The spring premieres of a lot of your favorite shows are starting to return and now we can add the glitzy musical drama The Get Down to the list, as Netflix has just dropped the official full trailer for the second part of the series executive-produced by Nas.
Source: Netflix / Netflix
It was last summer when Netflix premiered its most expensive series in history, unleashing the Baz Luhrman directed and produced musical show The Get Down on audiences to much delight. Now part two of the series has arrived and by the looks of the first full trailer things are about to get out of control for Zeke, Mylene and the rest of the cast.
The synopsis for Season Two reads:
“The Get Down,” which picks up a year after the mid-season finale, in 1978, and finds young lovers Zeke (Justice Smith) and Mylene (Herizen Guardiola) caught in the middle of a cultural revolution as hip-hop’s rise continues. The pair will continue to pursue their dreams against a fraught backdrop that includes a bankrupt New York City, ruthless gangsters, and money-hungry record label execs.
Additional cast members Shameik Moore (as “Shaolin Fantastic,”) Skylan Brooks (as “Ra Ra”), Tremaine Brown, Jr. (as “Boo Boo.”) Yahya Abdul-Mateen (“Cadillac,”) Mamoudou Athie (“Grandmaster Flash,”) Jimmy Smits (“Francisco Cruz” aka “Papa Fuerte”) and Jaden Smith (Marcus “Dizzee” Kipling) all return for part two as their characters have to deal with fame, love and trying to become legendary.
You can check out the FULL trailer for The Get Down BELOW:
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading Part Two Of ‘The Get Down’ Drops Full Trailer Ahead Of April Premiere
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson