A few weeks have passed and social media, fans and those in the music industry still can’t seem to get enough of the epic rap beef between Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma. In the past couple of weeks, there have been two diss tracks and an appearance on The Wendy Williams Show by Remy Ma, semi topless photos and partying videos of Nicki Minaj as she traipsed around PFW, social media shade from her ex Meek Mill and now Minaj’s other ex-boyfriend and longtime collaborator Safaree Samuels finally made his own visit to The Wendy Williams Show to discuss everything that has been going on.
Source: Mike Pont/ FilmMagic / Getty
On Tuesday’s episode of her self-titled talk show, Wendy Williams had Nicki Minaj’s ex-boyfriend of 12 years, and the man who played a major part in her songs and overall success, Safaree Samuels on the show. The interview ran just over 11 minutes, but in that short time Williams tried every tactic she could to get him to spill all the messiness he knew about his ex to no avail.
Safaree took the high road and managed to dodge a lot of the more damaging questions about Minaj and refrained from bashing her. There was one piece of information he revealed that co-signs what Remy Ma was saying in regards to Minaj trying to stop her money. Safaree told Williams that Minaj and her team tried in vain to stop him from appearing on the show, but he came anyway.
He also detailed just how Minaj and Meek Mill came to be, by way of his introduction, including when he started to realize that there was more than friendship going on between them while he was putting the finishing touches on Minaj’s album. He ended the interview by saying, “Do what’s right, you know what I did,” which was prompted by Williams when she asked him to say whatever he wanted to Minaj directly to the camera.
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading Safaree Visits ‘Wendy Williams’ To Dish On Nicki Minaj + Remy Ma Beef
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson