Barack Obama is having a really great week.
On Thursday, the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation named him the 2017 recipient of the ‘Profile In Courage’ award, CNN reports.
The news comes just days after the Obamas signed a game changing book deal with Penguin Random House.
The award honors Obama for his work in expanding health care for millions of Americans, restoring diplomatic ties with Cuba, and for ratifying the Paris Agreement, a monumental deal in the fight to combat climate change.
“Our country owes a debt of gratitude to President Obama, not just for the many important policy achievements made during his tenure but also for the example of leadership he provided all of us, which we may draw upon in the years to come,” Jack Schlossberg, the son of JFK’s daughter, Caroline Kennedy, said in a statement on the foundation’s website.
According to the foundation’s website, Obama will accept the award at the JFK Presidential Library and Museum in Boston on May 7 as part of a celebration honoring JFK’s 100th birthday.
Obama tweeted out his gratitude on Thursday, saying he was “humbled” to be the next recipient.
#DadGoals: Barack Obama’s Cutest Moments With Malia And Sasha
1. The First FamilySource: 1 of 15
2. Malia, Sasha & DadSource: 2 of 15
3. Kisses For MaliaSource: 3 of 15
4. Barack Shares Dad Wisdom With MaliaSource: 4 of 15
5. The Obamas In The Holiday SpiritSource: 5 of 15
6. Malia Is Never Too Old To Hold Dad’s HandSource: 6 of 15
7. Quality TimeSource: 7 of 15
8. One Big Happy FamilySource: 8 of 15
9. Singing AlongSource: 9 of 15
10. Growing UpSource: 10 of 15
11. Family PhotoSource: 11 of 15
12. Malia & Dad On A StrollSource: 12 of 15
13. All SmilesSource: 13 of 15
14. #FamilyGoalsSource: 14 of 15
15. VolunteeringSource: 15 of 15
Barack Obama Is The JFK Foundation’s 2017 ‘Profile In Courage’ Award Winner was originally published on newsone.com