Michael Henderson, singer, and musician most known for his vocals on the Norman Connors track “You Are My Starship” has passed away. The announcement was shared on Henderson’s Facebook page.
“Singer, Songwriter, Bass Innovator, Music Producer, Father and Son Michael Henderson has peacefully made his transition surrounded by family and loved ones today at his home, Atlanta Georgia…,” the post read. “Bless his heart and soul… He touched the lives of many and returned that love through his many live concerts, music recordings, social media, interviews and incessant touring which he loved…”
The Mississippi-born Henderson moved to Detroit, Michigan, and became a session musician. Henderson would go on to work with the legendary Jazz musician Miles Davis and become one of the most notable bass guitarists of the fusion era. Henderson also worked with Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, the Dramatics, and more. After working with Davis, Henderson would branch out on a solo career which included the song “Be My Girl” and his smooth vocals on the Norman Connors hit “You Are My Starship” Henderson would go on to release eight solo albums between 1976 to 1986.
Henderson was 71 years old. Check out some of the legendary artist’s work below.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- Charlottesville’s Unfinished Statue Business Five Years After ‘Unite The Right’
- OnlyFans Model Courtney Clenney Slammed With Murder Charge For Fatal Stabbing Of Boyfriend
- Mississippi Grand Jury Finds ‘Insufficient Evidence’ To Charge Carolyn Bryant Donham In Emmett Till’s Killing
Musician & ‘You Are My Starship’ Singer Michael Henderson Dies At 71 was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
1. ‘Be My Girl’
2. Norman Connors ‘You Are My Starship’
3. Norman Connors – Valentine Love [ft. Michael Henderson & Jean Carne]
4. The Dramatics “Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get”
Michael Henderson played Bass on this legendary song
5. ‘Stevie Wonder “My Cherie Amour”
Henderson was a the Bass Guitar player on “Stevie Wonder’s Live at the Talk of the Town” album