With Easter being just around the corner, it’s time to hook up your children with an eggs-traordinary basket that they have been ‘hopping’ for! We’ve been inspired by the upcoming movie HOP, which is in theaters Friday, to give you the 5 classic Easter basket essentials.
• Fresh-baked Cookies – An inexpensive and easy-to-make treat, cookies are at the top of the list. There are tons of fun-shaped cookie cutters in the shape of eggs, bunnies and even pastel colored sprinkles.
• Activites – Who says Easter has to be all about the sweet tooth? Fun Easter baskets include things to do such as puzzles, coloring books and plastic eggs that you can fill with tiny knick-knacks and do dads.
• Chocolate Easter Bunny – Easter is a chocoholic’s dream come true. It’s a great idea to consider a bunny or two. If your child is a non-chocolate lover, there are many bunny alternatives.
• Easter Eggs – They say never put all your eggs in one basket, but Easter is the one exception! Boil a dozen eggs until they are fully hard- boiled and let the Easter egg dye or coloring begin!
• Chicks in a Basket – Mount grass décor on the bottom of your basket and then put your chicks in for a cool centerpiece for a table or as a classic finishing touch to your basket.
Before you make your Easter basket, get into the Easter spirit and take yourself and the kids to see HOP this opening weekend! From the creators of Despicable Me and Alvin and the Chipmunks, HOP is a live state-of-the-art animation, starring a lovable teenage bunny named E.B that has a passion for music. During his adventure to live up to his father’s expectations, you will see flying Easter sleighs, a Willy Wonka factory where Easter baskets are made and even pink beret bunnies. This is a must-see colorful, exciting and funny movie!
HOP will be in theaters tomorrow. Check your local theaters for show times.