VIA HELLO BEAUTIFUL:
When it comes to NeNe Leakes, nothing is sacred. She was ready and willing to open up about her being a stripper back in the day, and now she’s revealed details about an abusive relationship she once endured with an ex-boyfriend. Hear one of our favorite housewives talk about being “battered, but not broken,” the red-flags she should have recognized, and how she overcame the experience.
Ladies, here are a few signs, courtesy of the Buffalo Counseling Center, that may indicate if your man is on the verge of being emotionally and physically abusive.
1. Insults, belittles, and ignores you, and/or acts sulky or angry when you initiate an action or idea.
2. Tells you who you may be friends with, how you should dress, or tries to control other elements of your life.
3. Talks negatively about women in general.
4. Gets jealous without reason.
5. Is physically violent to you or others, even if it’s “just” grabbing and pushing to get his way.
6. Acts in an intimidating way toward you by invading your “personal space.”
7. Is unable to handle sexual and emotional frustrations without becoming angry.
8. Does not view you as an equal; sees himself as smarter or socially superior.
9. Thinks poorly of himself and guards his masculinity by acting tough.
10. Goes through extreme highs and lows; loses temper on daily basis.
Listen to the full audio of NeNe telling the story in her own words at HelloBeautiful.com.
11. Engages in vandalism or property damage.
12. Increases use of drugs or alcohol.
13. Carries a weapon.
The 60 Hottest Black Men In Hollywood
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Singer DaniLeigh Hit With DUI Charge, Victim Suffers Spine Injury After Being Dragged On Moped
Stress Management Program | Register Today!
Official List Of Atlanta’s Best Black-Owned Restaurants
Listen To The Steve Harvey Morning Show Live Right Here!
"SOAW Back In Atlanta!" Mary J. Blige Talks With Ryan Cameron
Majic After Dark: Tonya Nolan Featuring Ray Lavender & Dondria [Register Here]