We all know Tina Lawson is probably one of the most supportive mothers out there. So it’s no surprise that she mixed being a cheerleader for her oldest child, Beyonce, and raise money for the non-profit gallery and performance complex WACO Theater Center that she co-chairs with her husband Richard Lawson.
How did she do this? The theme for the 3rd annual Wearable Arts Gala was “A Journey to the Pride Lands,” inspired by the movie The Lion King. If you didn’t know Beyonce is playing Nala in Disney’s reboot of The Lion King coming out in theaters nationwide July 19th.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
So of course, black Hollywood came out in the most royal threads as a nod to the motherland and The Lion King! Hitting the pink carpet this year was Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce, Steve Harvey, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Tyler Perry, Holly Robinson Pete, and Tiffany Haddish to name a few.
Maxwell performed at the celebration this year and 7-year-old Blue Ivy Carter reportedly bid 11K diamond ring during the auction. Last year Blue bid 20K on a piece of art at last years auction, but she was promptly stopped by her father Jay-Z so she didn’t win. This years gala raised over 2 million to support the arts in L.A.
- Company That Owns Lane Bryant Files For Bankruptcy, Closing 1,200 Stores
- 10 Black-Owned Swimsuit Brands You Need To Shop
- Video Of Denver ‘Karen’ Following And ‘Interrogating’ Black Man Sparks Protest
- Strawberry Letter Podcast: I make her weak in the knees
- “Black Lives Matter” Painted In Front Of Trump Tower In New York City
- Drunk ‘Karen’s Husband’ Claims He’s ‘Not A Racist’ After Calling Bartender The N-Word In Viral Video
- The Varsity Shuts Down Due To An Employee’s Positive COVID-19 Test
- Simone Biles Opens Up About Impossible Beauty Standards In August Issue Of Vogue
- Christian Cooper Won’t Cooperate In The Prosecution Of “Central Park Karen”
- Rickey Smiley’s Daughter Aaryn Shares Opens Up About The Night She Was Shot In Houston
Black Hollywood Slays At The 2019 Wearable Art Gala was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com