According to The Weather Channel,
The first hurricane and storm surge has been issued along parts of the Southeast coast for Hurricane Florence.
Cities and counties effected by this information so far goes as follows:
South Carolina to the North Carolina- Virginia border (including Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, the Outer Banks and Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds.
With this type of watch, it’s imperative that you finalize your hurricane preparedness plan and be ready to use if necessary.
A storm surge watch has also been issued for the same areas, meaning there could be a potential for life threatening storms with the incoming of Hurricane Florence in the next 48 hours.
This is what we know so far about Hurricane Florence:
- Florence remains a dangerous Category 4 hurricane.
- A strike on the Carolinas will occur Thursday into early Friday.
- Hurricane and storm surge watches have been issued.
- A life-threatening storm surge is expected with landfall.
- Massive inland rainfall flooding is also expected from Florence lingering into next week.
- Tropical-storm-force winds may arrive as soon as late Wednesday night.
- Florence is also generating dangerous surf and rip currents along the East Coast.
Hurricane Florence is set to hit the Carolinas with destructive winds and massive inland rainfall and flooding. The Weather Center is calling this one of the strongest strikes on record for this part of the East Coast.
Please continue to listen to 105.3 Old School and R+B for the latest on Hurricane Florence and our local news partner Fox Charlotte 46.
- Funk Dat: Doggie Beer
- Maria’s Fit Tip | Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting
- Midday Motivation | Don’t Let Your Struggle Become Your Identity
- Why Every Black Person In Georgia Needs To Vote [Exclusive Video]
- Strawberry Letter: I’ve Been A Whole Fool For 18 Years [AUDIO]
- Eva Marcille Is Marred! See The Gorgeous Photos [PHOTOS]
- ‘LHHHS5’ Recap: Teairra Mari’s Sex Tape Scandal Flip Flop Makes No Sense
- Cancer Awareness: Dr. Kimberly Lee And Nurse Dina Lansey
- Funk Dat: Gotta Go, Gotta Go
- What’s Next In The Laquan McDonald Shooting Case? Here’s Everything We Know