Get Exclusive News and Contest to Your Inbox:
What in the edges is going on here?! I about had a fit when I heard that Eco Styler Gel could contain an ingredient that causes cancer! So I’ve set out to find out the truth and thank God I did!
I don’t know about you but the labels on most products are so confusing to me and I have no idea what the stuff listed really is beside the obvious water, alcohol etc. But thanks to the natural curly community online I was able to find out exactly what is in one of our favorite gels.
According to natural beauty blogger, AlopeciaFreeWithJass, Eco Styler Gel does contain an agent that is known to cause cancer. In a YouTube video she breaks down the ingredients in the popular gel and came across one troubling one, Tetrasodum EDTA. After reading this I immediately went to my bathroom to see if my jar had Tetrasodum listed.
Tetrasodum is known for causing allergic reactions and is also linked to causing cancer. This ingredient is also said to contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Additionally, according to the “U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Cosmetics Ingredient Review (CIR), triethanolamine is best suited for products that should be washed off after application.”
Watch natural beauty blogger AlopeciaFreeWithJass break down exactly whats in Eco Styler Gel more
Sad to say I threw out my large jar of Eco Styler Gel and am on the hunt for something more natural for my 4C texture.
- The Beyhive Are Bracing Themselves For The Renaissance World Tour Ticket Prices
- Tia Mowry Welcomes Black History Month With A Fashionable Family Reel
- Missy Elliott Looks Supa Dupa Fly As She Celebrates Her 2023 Nomination To The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
- Beyonce Adds Second Show Date To Atlanta Tour Stop
- Russ Parr’s Black History Moment: John Mercer Langston
- ‘Nothing More Insulting:’ Sharpton Calls Tyre Nichols Beating A Disgrace To MLK’s Legacy
- 19 Keys On The Power Of Self, Black Wealth And The Future Of AI
- D.L. Hughley’s Black History Quiz? | The Daily Show
- Summer Walker Is All ‘About Her Business’ In A Blue Power Suit
- Russ Parr’s Black History Moment: Carter G. Woodson
Eco Styler Gel Has Ingredient that Could Cause Cancer?! was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com