Michelle Obama has always been one to share advice and inspire young women. The Huffington Post reports the former first lady interviewed with several young ladies as a feature for Refinery 29. One of the young ladies, Alejandra Santizo asked about how women could become leaders and Obama gave a great response.
She said, “My best advice to girls, including my own daughters, is do not be afraid to fail. So often, our own fear of failure is the thing that keeps us back. We think we have to be perfect, that if we make even the tiniest mistake, it’s a catastrophe. That’s simply not true!” Obama also mentioned that the way to succeed is by failing.
She also spoke about how you must be kind to other women. Obama said, “I also advise girls to be supportive of each other. I cannot say this enough! Too often we’re taught that we have to compete, or that someone else’s failure is our success. But we can all rise together; we can all win. We have to be a team of women and girls who love each other and value each other and cherish one another. Because if we don’t cherish each other, no one else will.”
- Strawberry Letter: He Complains And Nags Like A Woman [AUDIO]
- ‘RHOAS10’ Recap: Kandi Explains To Kim Why Nene Thinks She’s Racist
- Are Brandy, Fantasia And Jazmine Sullivan Recording A New Song Together?
- Ciara Clarifies Her Past #LevelUp Comments: ‘Act Life A Queen To Be Treated Like A Queen’
- Hilarious! JAY-Z Stops Blue Ivy From Bidding $19K On A Painting
- Angela Bassett Agrees That She Was Robbed Of An Oscar For Playing Tina Turner
- Rachel Dolezal Wasn’t The First: Six More Whites Who Passed For Black
- Hair Braiding Gustapo? Tennessee Has Fined Residents $100K For Braiding Hair
- “Saints & Sinners” Season 3 Returns Sunday, April 8 at 9pm ET/PT
- Why The Death Of Rapper Craig Mack Scared Me [Op-Ed]