2-year-old, Parker Curry’s photo of her looking at Michelle Obama’s portrait hanging at the National Portrait Gallery went viral. Ebony reports that Michelle Obama met with Curry and it was an amazing experience. After the image went viral, Parkers mother, Jessica Curry spoke with CNN.
She said, “Parker was in front of the portrait, and I really wanted her to turn around so I could get a picture with her, and she genuinely, honestly would not turn around.” The 2-year-old believed that Obama was a queen. The former First Lady then went to visit the Curry family.
Obama shared a video of her and the 2-year-old dancing together. She said, “Parker, I’m so glad I had the chance to meet you today (and for the dance party)! Keep on dreaming big for yourself…and maybe one day I’ll proudly look up at a portrait of you!” This is so cute and special!
- Funk Dat: Gotta Go, Gotta Go
- Georgia: Meet the Candidates!!
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Gets Complaint Filed Against Her Because Of Kanye West Photo
- Midday Motivation | Procrastination Kills Opportunity
- Maria’s Fit Tip | Hairstyles For Women Who Love To Workout
- For Black People, Voting Is Just The Beginning Of The Work
- Washington State Bans Death Penalty, Calls It ‘Racially Biased’
- How To Save Money On Halloween
- MODEL MONDAY: Gabriella Bernard Talks Sexual Assault, Natural Hair, And The Beauty In Speaking Up
- Strawberry Letter: I Don’t Do Black Or Broke [AUDIO]
5 Things We Hope To Learn In Michelle Obama’s Intimate Memoir, "Becoming"
1. On Being Gifted & Black1 of 5
2. Sustaining Black Love2 of 5
3. Finding Agency As First Lady3 of 5
4. Campaigning Under Pressure4 of 5
5. The Truth About Trump5 of 5
Michelle Obama Meets 2-Year-Old That Fell In Love With Her Portrait Meets Her [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com