Chadwick Boseman has played some amazing roles as Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall and Black Panther. While on “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon,” Boseman spoke about getting taught by Phylicia Rashad while he attended Howard University. Rashad wanted students to go to Oxford University to study, but a lot of the students couldn’t afford it.
Boseman mentioned that Rashad got several of her celebrity friends to donate money to send the students away to study. One of them happened to be Denzel Washington. To repay Washington back he invited him to the “Black Panther” premiere in New York City.
At the premiere Boseman was able to meet and thank him. Washington responded with a smile and said, “Oh that’s why I’m here, you owe me money.” Boseman is grateful for that opportunity and hopes to help students just like him one day.
- Not Loyal! Ben Carson Blames The $31,000 Dining Room Set On His Wife
- All The Way Up: Black Women Statues Replacing Racist Monuments
- Tamar Braxton Doesn’t Like That Her Family Is Making Vince Out To Be A Villain On ‘Braxton Family Values’
- Michael B. Jordan To Produce All-Black WWII Drama ‘The Liberators’
- Ben Carson’s Team Fired One Of The Few Black Women Who Worked At HUD
- Amara La Negra Is A Chocolate Dipped Goddess For Latina Magazine’s Spring Issue
- Midday Motivation | Rushing Can Ruin A Good Thing
- Maria’s Fit Tip | Cardio Myths You Should Avoid
- What Are Slider Crimes And Why Atlanta Thieves Are Taking Advantage
- Strawberry Letter: My Husband Pays For Sex [AUDIO]