Lena Waithe is climbing the ladder of success. She already has an Emmy Award under her belt, a successful show on Showtime titled, “The Chi” and just got some more good news. Deadline reports that TBS has given a green light to shoot her series “Twenties.”
Waithe wrote the show nearly nine years ago when she was in her 20’s. It is all about a queer Black girl and her two best friends that are trying to chase their dreams. The comedy will talk about finding love, messing up in life and so much more.
She posted about it on Instagram to share the news with fans. Waithe said, “This really is a dream come true. Never give up on those projects that people say will never happen. Just keep pushing. Grateful to the folks at TBS and my whole team for believing with me. #Twenties #NoMoreSidekicks.” Congratulations to Lena Waithe!
RELATED: “The Chi” Lands Second Season
- Andrew Gillum Won’t Go High If Ron DeSantis Chooses To Go Low In Their Debate
- Enjoying The Journey Podcast [AUDIO]
- Stacey Abrams Tied In Race For Governor Despite GOP’s Hold On Georgia
- The Wave Of Black Women Candidates Just Got Stronger With This Grassroots Funding Milestone
- Maria’s Fit Tip | Burning Fat vs. Burning Calories
- Midday Motivation | You Rise By Lifting Others
- Republicans Are Using Every Racist Stereotype Imaginable For The Midterm Elections
- Slider Crimes Still An Issue As South Fulton Police Triple Their Gang Unit
- ‘HTGAWM’ Recap: If [Redacted] Dies, We Riot
- Fishy Finances: Star-Kist Fined $100M In Tuna Price-Fixing