Lena Waithe is climbing the ladder of success. She already has an Emmy Award under her belt, a successful show on Showtime titled, “The Chi” and just got some more good news. Deadline reports that TBS has given a green light to shoot her series “Twenties.”
Waithe wrote the show nearly nine years ago when she was in her 20’s. It is all about a queer Black girl and her two best friends that are trying to chase their dreams. The comedy will talk about finding love, messing up in life and so much more.
She posted about it on Instagram to share the news with fans. Waithe said, “This really is a dream come true. Never give up on those projects that people say will never happen. Just keep pushing. Grateful to the folks at TBS and my whole team for believing with me. #Twenties #NoMoreSidekicks.” Congratulations to Lena Waithe!
RELATED: “The Chi” Lands Second Season
- Hair Braiding Gustapo? Tennessee Has Fined Residents $100K For Braiding Hair
- “Saints & Sinners” Season 3 Returns Sunday, April 8 at 9pm ET/PT
- Why The Death Of Rapper Craig Mack Scared Me [Op-Ed]
- ‘HTGAWM’ Recap: Michaela Goes Rogue With Devastating Consequences
- ‘Scandal’ Recap: Cyrus Sets His Treacherous Gaze On The Gladiators
- Secure The Bag! Ava DuVernay Tapped To Direct DC Comics Movie ‘The New Gods’
- Funk Dat: A Different Mother/Daughter Relationship
- Snapchat Stock Plummets 5 Percent After Rihanna Blasted Them For Violent Ad
- This Website Is Helping You Look Like A Fashionista For Spring
- Michelle Obama Reveals What We Always Knew: The President Always Had Swag