Lena Waithe is climbing the ladder of success. She already has an Emmy Award under her belt, a successful show on Showtime titled, “The Chi” and just got some more good news. Deadline reports that TBS has given a green light to shoot her series “Twenties.”
Waithe wrote the show nearly nine years ago when she was in her 20’s. It is all about a queer Black girl and her two best friends that are trying to chase their dreams. The comedy will talk about finding love, messing up in life and so much more.
She posted about it on Instagram to share the news with fans. Waithe said, “This really is a dream come true. Never give up on those projects that people say will never happen. Just keep pushing. Grateful to the folks at TBS and my whole team for believing with me. #Twenties #NoMoreSidekicks.” Congratulations to Lena Waithe!
RELATED: “The Chi” Lands Second Season
- Strawberry Letter: Working Overtime With My Boss [AUDIO]
- Full List Of Republicans Slamming Putin Meeting But Will Still Side With Trump Regardless
- How Changing Your Diet Can Help Improve Your Mood
- Depression in Men
- Dealing with Depression
- Boosie Badazz Goes Ballistic After Baby Mama Accuses Him Of Having Her Brother Killed
- ‘Basketball Wives’ Recap: Jackie Christie’s Play Brings The Group Together Peacefully
- ‘LHHATLS7’ Reunion Recap: Spice Keeps It Real About Tommie’s Bad Behavior
- Funk Dat: Safe Drunk Driving
- Papa John’s Founder Is Now Crying Greasy, White Tears