Trenton Lewis will never forget the day two years ago he found out he was going to be a father. Lewis after the birth of his child worked different jobs to make ends meet then landed a job UPS. He was excited, but had to walk over eleven miles to and from work.
When his co-workers found out they wanted to do something special for him. Patricia Bryant and her husband, Kenneth were so impressed with him that they began a fundraiser. Everyone at UPS donated towards it and was able to raise almost $2,000.
Bryant said, “For a young person to decide in their mind, ‘if I don’t have a ride, if I can’t get a ride, then I’ll walk. If a guy can do that, we can pitch in to help.” They ended up buying him a 2006 Saturn Ion and fixed it up. Lewis couldn’t believe it and was so happy. He said, “God always has something for you. I’m never going to forget this ever.”
- Funk Dat: Have A Wedding Mint
- Black Music Month: The Tragic Story Of The Great Marvin Gaye
- Strawberry Letter: We Both Did It But Now She’s Mad [AUDIO]
- Ice Cube Big3 League Kicks Off June 22 On Fox Sports
- Where’d They Get That From: Jenny From The Block
- The Smithsonian’s Oprah Exhibit Is About So Much More Than Oprah
- Funk Dat: Sex On A Plane
- 6 TV Shows On Our Summer DVR List This Season
- The Future of Student Debt For Black People Is Looking Brighter: Here’s Why
- People Are Getting Faked Out By This Nike Recruiters Ad On Instagram
Single Dad Who Walked 11 Miles To Work Gifted Car [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com