Black women spend a lot of time and money to make sure their hair is always kept up. Beauty supply stores can be found all over predominately Black neighborhoods, but many of them are owned by Korean immigrants. Essence reports that they have dominated the industry because of their close ties to hair suppliers as well as wholesalers in South Korea.
Over the past several years Black-owned beauty supply stores continue to rise in different neighborhoods. These women are following in the footsteps of Madame CJ Walker, which is an iconic self-made millionaire and entrepreneur. Recently, two Black women became the youngest in Moreno Valley, California to become business owners.
Kayla Davis. 19, and Keonna Davis, 21, opened KD Haircare Supply and is trying to grow in their communities. Sisters, Judian Brown, 35, and Kadeian Brown, 33 are also thriving at their Black-owned beauty supply store in Brooklyn, NY. Four years ago they opened Black Girls Divine Beauty Supply and Salon. As more of these stores keep opening Black communities will be able to support businesses owned by us.
RELATED: Teacher Surprises Student By Wearing Similar Hairstyle [VIDEO]
RELATED: Asian-Owned Beauty Supply Store Faces Boycott After Owner Attacks Black Customer [VIDEO]
RELATED: Woman Sues Walmart For Locking Up Black Hair Care Products
- Gabrielle Union And Zaya Wade Did Not Come To Play At The GLAAD Awards
- Law Roach’s Partnership With TJ Maxx Is The Fashion Industry’s Best Kept Secret
- Listen to Win: Magical Vacation To Walt Disney World Resort
- Nicki Minaj Is Pretty In Pink In Her Latest Look
- Blac Chyna Defends Tamron Hall Amid ‘Messy’ Accusations: ‘She Understood The Assignment’
- Quinta Brunson Brings Her Comedic Flair To ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Rapper BTB Savage Killed In Houston Hours After Mocking Slain Man Online
- AV Rockwell Peels Back The Layers Of Inner City Culture With Her Film, ‘A Thousand And One’
- Fans Can’t Get Over How Larenz Tate And Method Man Still Look This Good After 30 Years In The Industry!
- Megan Thee Stallion Throws The First Pitch At Houston Astros Opening Day Game
Why Black-Owned Beauty Supply Stores Are On The Rise was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com
The 60 Hottest Black Men In Hollywood
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Cee-Lo Green Thrown From Horse At ATL Party Honoring Shawty Lo [Video]
Sheryl Lee Ralph Posted Her Son & Twitter is Now DROOLING! [Photos]
Jaw Dropper: SZA Shows Off Her ASSets in Skims Photoshoot
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex ‘4 Times a Night for 23 Years’
Latocha Scott - Majic After Dark [Register to Win]
Michael B. Jordan Vs. Jonathan Majors: Who Really Holds The Title Of Sexiest Man Alive?