Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- I Wore Shorts For The First Time In 10 Years And No One Died
- Rickey Smiley and Friends Register To Win
- Midday Motivation | Self-Reflection Is The School Of Wisdom
- Sanaa Lathan: I Would Be Doing The ‘Nappily Ever After’ Story A Disservice If I Didn’t shave My Head
- Black Hurricane Florence Survivors Say They’re Being Ignored After Historic Flooding In Wilmington
- Maria’s Fit Tip | Ways To Track Your Weight Loss Progress Without The Scale
- Strawberry Letter: Is it possible to have too much sex [AUDIO]
- Funk Dat: Stop Bullying
- Suge Knight Pleads No Contest To Manslaughter, Will Serve 28 Years In Prison
- Ron DeSantis Distances Himself From Racist Donor But Silent On Returning The Funds