Are you ready for Essence Fest 2018? Every year for the July 4th weekend fans head to New Orleans for Essence Fest. This year will be the same and they have a special lineup of artist for your entertainment.
According to OkayPlayer, the headliners of the show include Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige, Erykah Badu and Jill Scott. Fans better get ready because they also will get to see 112, Daniel Caesar, MC Lyte and more. There will be a special performance by The Roots with Badu and Scott, which will be one of the highlights of the show.
Badu recently came under fire for saying she “saw something good in Hitler.” She went on Twitter to explain herself and said, “People are in real pain. So I understand why my ‘good’ intent was misconstrued as ‘bad,’” In trying to express a point, I used 1 of the worst examples possible, Not to support the cruel actions of an unwell, psychopathic Adolf Hitler, but to only exaggerate a show of compassion.” We can’t wait to see what more Essence Fest has in store this year.
RELATED: “Essence” Is Black-Owned Again!
- MajicATL’s Prom Horror Stories Contest
- Omarosa Had The Most Peculiar Reaction When Asked If She Had Sex With Donald Trump
- Jury Awards $37M To Family Of Korryn Gaines For Shooting Her And Her Son
- Racists Post Images Of Battered Women To Claim They Were Attacked By ‘Black Panther’ Fans
- Serena Williams Hosts Surprise ‘Black Panther’ Screening For Black Girls
- Trifling Trump: New Nine-Month Affair Revealed — And His Fascination With Black Penis
- Trump-Worshiping, Colored Contacts Wearing Pastor Is Running For Office
- I Love Us For Real: Black People Are Rolling Up To Theaters To See ‘Black Panther’ Like This…
- Black Women Only Need Apply: Escape To Costa Rican Resort To ‘Heal’ From Racism
- Midday Motivation | Tough Times Build Strong Character