“Get Out” was one of the highest grossing films last year. The film was nominated in several award shows including the Golden Globes and Oscars. The star of the movie, Daniel Kaluuya, stopped by “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” to talk about the movie and how his life has changed.
According to Complex, Kaluuya said about the movie, “I feel like what Jordan articulated through his voice, his African American voice and African American perspective, he tapped into a universal black truth navigating the Western world. Where like, white people say some really weird stuff to you. White people say weird stuff. White people say weird things.” He mentioned that White people will say weird things to him like, “I saw “Get Out” three times.
Kaluuya also shared one of the most surreal moments he experienced at the Golden Globes. Denzel Washington approached him and he couldn’t believe he knew him, then Washington introduced him to Oprah. He told Colbert, “I hugged Oprah. I’m basically bulletproof . . . My credit’s great now.”
- Usain Bolt Says Sha’Carri Richardson ‘Talking A Lot Of Sh*t’ Upset Jamaicans: “Back It Up”
- Nene Leakes Describes “New Normal” After Losing Husband Gregg Leakes To Cancer
- Corrine Foxx: My Father Taught Me The Importance Of Self Care
- Enter In For A Chance To Win Tickets To The Red Carpet Premiere of ‘BMF’
- Florida Rapper SpotEmGottEm Victim Of Drive-By Shooting In Miami
- Gabrielle Union Fuses Athleisure And Sparkles In Her Latest Stella McCartney Look
- Telfar Unveils New Duffle Bag And Discusses The Launch Of Telfar.TV During NYFW Press Conference
- T.I. & Tiny Avoid Sexual Assault Charges Due To Statute Of Limitations
- Met Gala Recap: HB’s Editors Highlight The Best & Worst Fashion Moments
- Toni Braxton Gives Us Lewks In A Vibrant Christopher Rogers Dress