Spike Lee took his 1986 indie film, “She’s Gotta Have It” and brought it to us on Netflix last year. The series scored a lot of fans and was a huge success. According to Deadline, Lee recently announced that “She’s Gotta Have It” will be back for a second season.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The series is all about the character “Nola Darling” living in Brooklyn in her late twenties. Darling is trying to figure out her life, friendships, job situation and struggles with relationships. The show premiered during Thanksgiving weekend for everyone to binge.
The character who plays Nola, said on Instagram, “Back ta werq! Season is OFFICIAL!!! Can’t wait to return to BK. Congrats to aaallll us. #HappyNewYear #ShesGottaHaveIt @delivrusfromtia.” This is Lee’s first time at doing a television series and is happy about the success. We can’t wait to see the second season.
RELATED: Netflix’s Most Watched Shows
- Funk Dat: Half Marries Other Half
- Strawberry Letter: My husband ex is so disrespectful
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Will Not Allow Atlanta Jails To House New ICE Detainees
- Black Music Month : Stevie Wonder
- #SayHerName: Woman Shot And Killed By Boyfriend Outside Family Dollar Over $36
- San Francisco Ends Excessive Court Fees That Keep Offenders In Debt
- Funk Dat: Have A Wedding Mint
- Teyana Taylor Is Bringing That Fire To The Devil Girls This Season On ‘Hot The Floor’
- Kamala Harris To Tour California Immigration Detention Center
- Kim Kardashian Says It’s ‘So Crazy’ That People Don’t Want Trump ‘To Win’
Spike Lee & His Wife Have Been In This Love Thang For Decades [PHOTOS]
1.1 of 11
2. USA BET Honors 2012 – Arrivals2 of 11
3. Creative Coalition Spotlight Initiative Awards Gala Dinner – Park City 20163 of 11
4. Premiere Of Walt Disney Pictures And Lucasfilm’s ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ – Arrivals4 of 11
5. Academy of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ 7th Annual Governors Awards – Arrivals5 of 11
6. 14th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation An Enduring Vision Benefit – Arrivals6 of 11
7. Rihanna’s Private Met Gala After Party At Up & Down Presented By D’USSE7 of 11
8. ‘China: Through The Looking Glass’ Costume Institute Benefit Gala8 of 11
9. ‘DUNKIRK’ New York Premiere9 of 11
10. ‘Soul Of A Nation: Art In The Age Of Black Power’ – Exhibition Opening At The Tate Modern10 of 11
11. 47th Annual Legislative Conference11 of 11
Spike Lee’s “She’s Gotta Have It” Renewed For Second Season [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com