Veterans Day would have been an appropriate time for President Donald Trump to end his insane feud with Johnson, the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson. Instead, he spent the day tweeting about Russia, China and North Korea. He was silent about the biggest news of the day: new details about Johnson’s death.
Sharpton was the keynote speaker at the service. He criticized the president for his attacks on Wilson, who revealed Trump’s insensitivity toward Johnson in his condolence call, telling the widow that her husband knew what he signed up for by joining the Army. Trump accused Wilson of lying, but Johnson confirmed the president’s callousness.
“To act like she (Wilson) did something wrong, to stand up for a soldier killed in the line of duty … I can’t understand how we can even rationalize that,” Sharpton told the congregation, according to the Washington Examiner.
Wilson urged the congregation and Miami community to give the fallen soldier’s family “our love and support.”
Meanwhile, Johnson awaits the results of an official investigation of her husband’s death in an ambush on Oct. 4 in Niger. Villagers reported what the military has known: that Johnson was bound and apparently executed by Islamist militants.
Trump knew, or should have known, the circumstances of the soldier’s death when he made his condolence call. This reveals the depth of his lack of empathy—not only when he called but now that the rest of the world also knows how the Johnson died. A White gold star widow, whose husband served with Johnson, said she received a “gracious” message from the president. Myeshia Johnson deserves the same.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Trump’s Silence On Details Of Sgt. La. David Johnson’s Death Speaks Volumes was originally published on newsone.com