During his campaign, President Donald Trump ignited controversy when he said that Black people are living in hell—ignoring the scores of educated, hardworking African Americans who provide for their families and live in stable communities.
Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke showed once again that he’s simply a Black voice for his president–echoing Trump’s campaign rhetoric. In Clarke’s latest attack on African-American lawmakers, he accused them in a Town Hall article of being the instruments of White liberals to keep Blacks on the ghetto plantation.
One of Clarke’s main arguments in his opinion piece is that members of the Congressional Black Caucus oppose school choice—a policy that Trump cherishes.
See Also: Watch: The Pros & Cons Of School Choice
Chris Emdin, a professor at Columbia University’s Teachers College, told NewsOne that fixing schools in the Black community is a better approach. He said voucher programs “extract monetary resources [from the Black community] and places them elsewhere” when students take their government vouchers to private or charters located in other communities.
These programs are also psychologically damaging in that they “give the perception that they (Black students) have to leave (their community) to do well,” he added.
During a congressional hearing, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos told lawmakers that Trump wants to spend lavishly on expanding his school choice initiative but would not ban federal school voucher funds going to schools that discriminate.
Clarke wants to paint CBC members as anti-Black in his defense of the GOP, yet he ignores Trump’s long history of racism.
Earlier this year, the Black lawmakers gave the president a 130-page policy document, titled “We Have a Lot to Lose: Solutions to Advance Black Families in the 21st Century,” in which the caucus presented its policy solutions, explaining to the president what the Black community has plenty to lose by following his leadership.
SOURCE: Town Hall
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
David Clarke Shows Again He’s A Mouthpiece For His President was originally published on newsone.com