One New York bride did everything in her power to make sure that her dad, who suffered a paralyzing injury 10 years ago, was included in her wedding day.
Chavuanne Cousins, 32, and her father, Dorian Wills, 52, were initially both worried about how they would pull of the traditional father, daughter dance without a hitch once Cousins announced her engagement.
“OK, let’s figure out how to do it. It wasn’t a question of him not being in it,” Cousins said in an interview with ABC News.
In 2007, Wills was paralyzed after he suffered a bad fall during a skiing trip that left him unconscious. Wills shared that he was wiling to go to great lengths to make the moment happen.
“I even thought about buying a wheelchair that actually stands you up vertically, but the investment was just too costly,” he explained. “I couldn’t pull it off before the wedding.”
“She’s always been the sunshine of my life,” Willis told ABC News.
And to tie it all in, the two danced the night away to “Sunshine of My Life,” sung by the legendary Stevie Wonder.
“I’m his oldest daughter so I’m the first one to get married and I could just see the look in his eyes. It was so special,” she said.
SOURCE: ABC News
The Greatest Celebrity Weddings Of All Time
1. Kim and Kanye West1 of 24
2. A family affair2 of 24
3. 💍3 of 24
4. Ciara & Russell Wilson4 of 24
5. Solange Knowles & Alan Ferguson5 of 24
6. Superwomen6 of 24
7. The Roc7 of 24
8. La La & Carmelo Anthony8 of 24
9. Chrissy Teigen & John Legend9 of 24
10. The dress10 of 24
11. Soulmates11 of 24
12. Gisele Bundchen & Tom Brady12 of 24
13. Prince William & Kate Middleton13 of 24
14. The dress14 of 24
15. Prince Charles & Diana Spencer15 of 24
16. The dress16 of 24
17. Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt17 of 24
18. Family affair18 of 24
19. Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello19 of 24
20. The setting20 of 24
21. Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres21 of 24
22. Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise22 of 24
23. Suri Cruise23 of 24
24. Victoria & David Beckham24 of 24
This Wedding Dance Between A Paralyzed Dad & His Daughter Is Just Too Sweet was originally published on hellobeautiful.com