New Hampshire mom Cassandra Merlin took to Facebook to describe her 8-year-old son’s horrifying injuries after an older teen attempted to lynch him, NH1reports. According to the victim’s mom, an older teen hung the boy from a tree with a rope.
In the post, Merlin writes “So my son is being flown to Dartmouth after a 14 year old kid decided to hang him from a tree. I don’t care if this was a so called accident or not. My son almost died because of some little sh** teenage kids.” (sic).
A post shared by Black Magic Wombmoon (@mrskatsiris) on
When press reached out to Claremont Police Chief Mark Chase for comment, he expressed they were ‘still investigating’ and gagged on some details given that juveniles are involved in the case.
“These people need to be protected,” Chase said. Chase also declined to comment on whether the incident was racially motivated.
While authorities remain sluggish to release information, the boy’s grandmother, Lorie Slattery, called the incident racial and intentional, according to The Valley News.
Slattery recalled details from the day from her grandson’s older sister and other children present at the time of the incident. According to the kids, on August 28th her grandson and some kids were playing in a yard when some of the teens in the groups started calling the 8-year-old boy “racial epithets” and throwing sticks and rocks at his legs.
The taunting intensified with some of the teens standing on a picnic table, grabbing a rope and putting it around the boys neck.
“One boy said to (her grandson), ‘Let’s do this,’ and then pushed him off the picnic table and hung him,” Slattery explained.
The boy reportedly swung back and forth three times before he was able to remove the rope.
Slattery said although his physical injuries are healing, she worries about his mental faculties.
“I do believe he does not want to believe that he was being hurt purposefully,” she said. “That is the kind of kid he is.”
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading Police Investigating ‘Incident’ Of Bi-Racial Boy Almost Lynched By Older Teens
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson