Adams and Pence developed a close professional and personal relationship, especially when the doctor oversaw the Indiana’s response to an HIV outbreak in 2014.
He’s an anesthesiologist who completed his undergraduate studies in biochemistry and biopsychology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). Adams earned his medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine, and also holds a Masters of Public Health from the University of California, Berkeley.
Adams said at his swearing-in ceremony that his immediate attention will focus on helping Hurricane Harvey victims. During his tenure, he plans to address the nation’s opioid epidemic, mental health challenges and childhood obesity, USA Today reported.
3 Things To Know About Dr. Jerome Adams
2. Adams conducted research at the University of Zimbabwe Medical School in 1995, focused on assessing the prevalence and predictors of hypertension among rural and urban Black Zimbabweans, according to his resume.
3. Adams has spoken at several events in Indiana focused on improving minority health, including the Indiana Black Barbershop Health Initiative.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 8
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 8
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 8
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 8
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 8
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 8
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 8
8 of 8
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U
3 Things To Know About New Black Surgeon General Jerome Adams was originally published on newsone.com