After fans of the R&B princess Aaliyah petitioned for a MAC collection honoring the late singer’s legacy two years ago, the makeup conglomerate finally granted their wishes on Thursday.
MAC announced the news via their official Instagram site and fans exploded with excitement and praise.
“Aaliyah is truly one in a million — an unstoppable icon whose groundbreaking work in R&B music and film inspires us all. Today we join her countless fans in celebrating her with the announcement of the M·A·C Aaliyah collection. You made it happen! Stay tuned in 2018. #AaliyahforMAC,” MAC wrote.
The announcement comes on the heels of the 16th anniversary of the R&B singer’s death. MAC has partnered with numerous celebrities, including Taraji P. Henson, Mary J. Blige, and posthumously honored the queen of Tejano, Selena.
We are definitely here for this! Are you ready for Summer ’18 beauties?
12 Reasons Why Aaliyah Is One Of The Most Influential Women In Pop Culture
1. The Best Of Aaliyah1 of 12
2. "Age Ain't Nothing But A Number" Redefines R&B2 of 12
3. Aaliyah ... The Trendsetter3 of 12
4. The Swoop Bang4 of 12
5. Better Than The Boys5 of 12
6. Aaliyah Becomes A Triple Threat6 of 12
7. A New Image...7 of 12
8. Aaliyah Embraces Her Sexiness8 of 12
9. The New Aaliyah9 of 12
10. From Tomboy To Sex SymbolSource: 10 of 12
11. Her Last VideoSource: 11 of 12
12. 'Queen Of The Damned'12 of 12
Aaliyah, The R&B Princess, Will Be Honored With A MAC Makeup Collection was originally published on hellobeautiful.com