We’re pretty sure that CNN is just asking anyone to come on to talk about Donald Trump nowadays given the level of drama going down on the news network. This time it the nonsense occurred between the fabulous Symone Sanders and the tone deaf takedown Jeffrey Lord who insanely referred to Trump as “the Martin Luther King of health care.”
“I want to say something here that I know will probably drive Symone crazy, but think of President Trump as the Martin Luther King of health care,” Lord said Thursday on CNN’s “New Day.”
Of course Sanders and the rest of folks with common sense, were not having the utter disrespect of comparing one of the greatest Civil Rights leaders in American history to a man who brags about grabbing women by their “p___es” and referring to African-Americans as “living in hell.”
“Jeffrey, you do understand that Dr. King was marching for civil rights because people that look like me were being beaten, dogs were being sicced on them, basic human rights were being withheld from these people merely because the color of their skin?” Sanders shot back.
“So let’s not equate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., humanitarian and Nobel Peace Prize winner, to the vagina-grabbing President Donald Trump.”
Where’s the lie?
As The Huffington Post noted, Sanders shut down Lord’s continued explanations: “No, there is no similarity. What Donald Trump is doing is he’s in over his head. He doesn’t understand that health care is a complicated issue. … And he doesn’t understand that these are people’s lives.”
And on Twitter, she stressed how the nonsense was just too much:
Symone: Regardless what time of the day this was going down, it’s utter foolishness.
Thank you for speaking your truth!
SOURCE: CNN; The Huffington Post
#BlackGirlMagic! CNN Hires April Ryan As Political Pundit
Angela Rye Destroys GOP Twitter Troll Joe Walsh On CNN: I’m Not Interested In Talking To Bigots
We Don’t All Lookalike: Donald Trump Asks Veteran Reporter If Members Of The Congressional Black Caucus Are “Friends” Of Hers
Also On Majic 107.5, Atlanta:
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson
20 photos Launch gallery
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20