TLC is finally delivering that album fans have been waiting on for more than two years.
Remember how T-Boz anc Chili launched a Kickstarter campaign in January 2015 to fund their final album as TLC? The pair initially aimed to collect $150,000 for the project, but fans donated more than $430,250! By November 2015, irate fans were feeling swindled after nearly a year without any new album, and they were ready for a refund.
Well, good things come to those who wait. TLC’s manager, Bill Diggins, has revealed that the album is coming soon! He announced via Kickstarter that T-Box and Chilli have been hard at work to deliver a quality album, and it will be ready by the end of June.
“The album date is firm, June 30th is the release of the new TLC album that you made happen!” Bill wrote in an update on the campaign’s page. “Tionne and Chilli have been working night and day to hit this date.”
T-Boz and Chilli will be doing a video-and-photo shoot from April 18th – 20th. They’re rolling into the final phase of album production with some encouraging momentum.
“The Waterfall’s version from the voice was magical and received 40 million views in a week!” Bill shared. “Ed Sheeran gave some of his publishing to the writers of No Scrubs and TLC sold out in London in one minute…it was a blessed month for us and we finally feel a little wind at our back.”
But before the ladies can release the album, they need a little more help–this time with a title for the project. According to Bill, T-Boz and Chilli can’t decide on a name for their album and they’re hoping fans can offer some inspiration.
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading TLC Delivering Kickstarter Album This Summer
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson