As women continue to be heavily influenced by celebrities and their frequent use of plastic surgery, many find themselves resorting to dangerous and even deadly measures to mimic the overly enhanced look that they see glorified on a regular basis. This is exactly what happened to a Florida woman who died as a result of receiving underground butt injections.
31-year-old Shatarka Nuby died at the hands of O’Neal Morris, a transgendered woman who regularly administered a deadly combination of chemicals when she performed her butt injections. Not only did Morris perform the cosmetic procedure without a medical license, but what she actually injected into her clients is shocking. The deadly mixture she used on Nuby and others included Fix-a-Flat, cement, silicone, mineral oil and Super Glue to give bad butt injections.
Nuby died from the chemicals injected into her while she was serving time in federal prison for paying Morris $2,000 for the 10 injections. Morris was handed down a hefty 10-year prison sentence and five years of probation for Nuby’s death and practicing without a medical license, according to an exclusive report by WSVN News in Miami.
Morris has already been in prison for a year while she was awaiting sentencing, however she pleaded no contest for fear that she would not get a fair trial. Despite her attorney’s arguments that Morris should be placed in solitary confinement for her own protection or face violence and sexual abuse if [placed in general population], the judge ordered Morris serve her prison sentence in the men’s prison because current Florida law doesn’t make exemptions for transgendered people.
After the sentencing, Nuby’s grandmother Lucenia Thompson stated her feelings on the outcome, saying “We cannot bring Shatarka back, but I also feel sorry for O’Neal also. But I don’t want him out [here] hurting anyone else.”
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
Also On Majic 107.5, Atlanta:
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson
20 photos Launch gallery
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20