Phaedra Parks‘ rep has suggested that Apollo Nida might really be the one to blame for their derailed divorce proceedings.
The former Real Housewives of Atlanta couple is still technically married, but there is some dispute about who is at fault. Over the weekend it was reported that a judge threw out Phaedra and Apollo‘s divorce judgment because Phaedra misspelled her estranged husband’s last name.
However, Phaedra‘s camp is going with another story. According to her rep, Steve Honig, implied that Apollo is the reason the judgment was tossed out.
As he told Us Weekly, “It’s very confusing why a man who is engaged and enjoys frequent visits with his fiancée [sic] would work so aggressively to avoid ending his marriage.”
The southern belle isn’t letting this minor setback keep her from her freedom, though. According to Steve, “Regardless, Phaedra is reviewing her options with her attorney to determine the most efficient path toward ending this marriage so she can move forward and focus on raising strong, healthy and happy children.”
And there’s word that Apollo, who is serving an 8-year prison sentence, may be using this opportunity to seek a sizeable divorce settlement.
TMZ.com reports that he’s now assessing what property is be eligible to be divvied up in their split. During the happier years of their marriage, Phaedra and Apollo built up quite an impressive portfolio for themselves, including a million-dollar home, a few businesses, and millions in personal property.
1. MJ was a victim of physical abuse from his father as a child. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he shed tears and claimed that he was so terrified of his father that he would often vomit when he saw him.
1 of 20
2. His favorite animated character from childhood was Pinocchio.
2 of 20
3. When MJ listened to the songs from his days in The Jackson 5, he said he sounded like “Minnie Mouse.”
3 of 20
4. His middle name was Joseph – Michael Joseph Jackson.
4 of 20
5. “Billie Jean” is allegedly based on a true story. MJ claims an obsessive fan tried to say he was the father of her child.
5 of 20
6. His first song to hit the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart was “Ben” in 1972.
6 of 20
7. MJ was a huge Beatles fan. He paid $47 million for the publishing rights to the Beatles back catalogue in 1985 and sold a share of it to Sony in 1995 for $95 million.
7 of 20
8. Get this… The costumes for the “Thriller” video came from the Salvation Army.
8 of 20
9. Jackson invented and owns the patent for the special anti-gravity boots he wore that allowed him to lean forward extremely far in live performances of “Smooth Criminal.”
9 of 20
10. MJ loved animals, and had several…strange pets. He had a python called Crusher, two llamas called Louis and Lola, and his most famous pet was Bubbles, the chimpanzee.
10 of 20
11. Sources say MJ “borrowed” the Moonwalk from street dancers he saw outside a hotel.
11 of 20
12. The original song title for “Thriller” was “Starlight.”
12 of 20
13. Sources say MJ slept in an oxygen tent to live longer and for cosmetic purposes.
13 of 20
14. MJ was a proud owner of a 2,700-acre Neverland Ranch that has a theme park, a menagerie, and a movie theater.
14 of 20
15. “Home Alone” star Macaulay Culkin was one of MJ’s closest friends, and is the godfather of two of Jackson’s children.
15 of 20
16. MJ’s estate signed a deal with Sony that gave them access to his unreleased recordings for $250 million.
16 of 20
17. MJ often wore a black armband to remind people of the suffering of children around the world.
17 of 20
18. The Los Angeles mansion he was renting just before he passed away once belonged to Sean Connery.
18 of 20
19. MJ was allegedly a pretty avid reader… He was once accused by a library of owing $1 million in overdue book fines.
19 of 20
20. Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger all crashed at 3:15PM on the day MJ died: June 25, 2009.
20 of 20
Continue reading Fix It, Jesus: Phaedra Parks’ Camp Blames Apollo Nida For Divorce Disruption
20 Things You Didn’t Know About The Legendary Michael Jackson