In an effort to inform our community regarding this upcoming State Primary Runoff Races on July 26th, we have gathered resources to help you decide on who to vote for below. Simply scroll down below for general voting registration information, a description of the referenda’s to vote for statewide and a list of each county that includes the candidates that are running for office.
REFERENDA MEASURES VOTERS ACROSS THE STATE WILL DECIDE:
- Fireworks Tax – Establishes a Fireworks Tax for trauma care.
- Judicial Reform – Allows lawmakers to amend the constitution to change who oversees the way judges are disciplined and/or replaced. The Judicial qualifications commission could be replaced with a panel appointed by legislators.
- Failing School Redistricting – Opportunity Schools District would allow the Governor to appoint a new school district which would take over failing schools.
- Fees For Felons – Allows state to add fees to some felons to benefit exploited children.
This guide is sponsored by the League of Women Voters (LWV) and the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Enter in your address, click Search, then click See Ballot.
- Gives sample ballot on candidates running in the upcoming election.
- Gives a brief summary of candidates stance on issues.
- See brief biography of candidates.