The power couple recently donated $30,000 to New York University (NYU) to support women filmmakers, as well as students’ television projects. Here are the details according to Variety:
The grant will finance two student-created pilots developed through Tisch’s television production class, which instructs students about the intricacies of cooking up original pilots. Two of the shows they create will be selected to receive grants of $10,000.
The remaining funds were donated to the student-run Fusion Film Festival, supporting up to five female filmmakers whose work has been submitted to the festival. Awards of $2,000 will go to Fusion Festival winners.
The recipients are:
1) Alik Barsoumian, Graduate Feature Screenplay – “Antouni” (Homeless)
2) Madelyn Miller, Undergraduate Half Hour Pilot – “Right Wing Woman”
3) Jennifer Rudin, Graduate Half Hour Pilot – “Starring Chloe Fisher”
4) Jennifer Helen Coates, Undergraduate Hour Pilot – “Wasteland”
5) Suzanne Egan, Undergraduate Feature Screenplay – “The Firebird”
Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith Donate $30K To Diversify NYU’s Film Program was originally published on hellobeautiful.com