Natalie Cole, legendary R&B singer and daughter of Nat King Cole, died on New Years Eve at Cedar Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, her family confirmed in a statement released to the Associated Press.
Cole, who passed due to complications from ongoing health issues, was 65-years-old.
“Natalie fought a fierce, courageous battle, dying how she lived … with dignity, strength and honor. Our beloved Mother and sister will be greatly missed and remain UNFORGETTABLE in our hearts forever,” read the statement from her son Robert Yancy and sisters Timolin and Casey Cole.
Cole, who struck gold with “Unforgettable,” a duet with her late father made possible by technology, was struggling with a number of health issues in recent years. In 2009, she underwent a kidney transplant due to problems with drug abuse and hepatitis.
Cole was just 15 when her father died of lung cancer.
This is a developing story.
In Memoriam: Famous People We Lost In 2015
1. Bobbi Kristina BrownSource:Getty 1 of 15
2. Percy SledgeSource:Getty 2 of 15
3. Julian BondSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. Errol BrownSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. B.B. KingSource:Getty 5 of 15
6. Ben PowersSource:Getty 6 of 15
7. Stuart ScottSource:Getty 7 of 15
8. Andrae CrouchSource:Getty 8 of 15
9. Anthony MasonSource:Getty 9 of 15
10. Charmayne MaxwellSource:Getty 10 of 15
11. Amelia Boynton RobinsonSource:Getty 11 of 15
12. Darryl DawkinsSource:Getty 12 of 15
13. Wes CravenSource:Getty 13 of 15
14. Beau BidenSource:Getty 14 of 15
15. E'Dena HinesSource:Getty 15 of 15
Legendary Singer Natalie Cole, Daughter Of Nat King Cole, Dead At 65 was originally published on newsone.com