Need Voting Info? There’s an app for that!
By Denise Dunbar
Getting information is literally a click away. Many of your questions can be answered on your phone. That’s because the Secretary of state’s office has a Voter app for mobile devices. It has a lot of cool features. For instance, you can submit your voter registration application if you have a Georgia driver’s license. You can also find your polling location and get directions with maps. You can see sample ballots, keep up with early voting locations, check the status of an absentee ballot and more. It’s all just a swipe away. Go to the Apple and Android app stores and search for “GA Votes.”
Check out the screenshots:
October 6th…. Is The Last Day to Register to Vote for This Election!
By Denise Dunbar
Don’t like your pay check? Don’t like your local school’s take on academics? Then, vote!
Voting conquers a whole lot of ills, but you need to make sure to get registered. To make sure you have all the information you need to register, we’ve answered some most asked questions.
When is the Voter registration deadline?
Can’t say this enough…. Monday, October 6th, is the final day to register.
Can I qualify to register to vote?
To register to vote in Georgia, you must:
- be a US citizen
- be a resident of Georgia county where you will vote,
- be at least 171/2 years of age to register and be 18 by the time the election rolls around
- not currently serving any sentence imposed by conviction of a felony.
Remember, all voting rights will be restored after you finish the term of incarceration, parole and probation
How do I know if I’m registered?
The best way is to go to the “My Voter Page on the Georgia Secretary of State’s website and check it out. The link to that site is http://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/
Where can I register?
Thanks to technology, you can register to vote online on the Secretary of State’s website. The link to that page is https://registertovote.sos.ga.gov/GAOLVR/#no-back-button
You can also mail in your voter registration form. Download that particular form at http://sos.ga.gov/admin/files/Voter_Registration_Application_8-10.pdf
If you don’t have a computer, you can physically pick up registration forms in your county elections office, public libraries or government offices. Don’t forget, all mailed applications must be postmarked on or before the October 6th deadline.
Is it necessary to register again if I’ve moved?
Yes. Voters are required to register in the county where they live 30 days before an election
- If you move within the same county, you don’t have to register before 30 days, just vote at your old polling place. But you still have to let the county know your new address. This can be done by writing your county board of elections or sending in a new voter registration application.
- If you move outside the county within 30 days, you may vote in your old precinct.
- If you move outside the county in excess of 30 days before the election, you’ve lost your eligibility to vote in your old precinct. So you must register to vote in your new county.
Do I need ID if I’m registering by mail?
If you are registering by mail for the first time in Georgia, you need to provide a copy of your Driver’s license, passport, utility bill, bank statement, pay stub or work/school ID. If you were previously registered another Georgia county, you won’t need to provide any documentation. Just complete a registration form with your new address.
How can I find my polling place on Election Day?
Your polling location will be given on the “My voter page” on the Secretary of State’s website. Once you get to that page, enter all required info, it’ll show you your polling place and show you a sample ballot.
What is accepted Voter ID?
- Any state or federal government issued photo ID, including FREE Voter IDs offered by the state
- A current or expired Georgia Driver’s License
- Valid employee photo ID if you work for the US government, this state, any county, any municipal government entity, a board or authority
- Valid US passport. US military photo ID or Tribal photo ID
- Student ID if issued by a public college or university in Georgia
The 60 Hottest Black Men In Hollywood
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Cee-Lo Green Thrown From Horse At ATL Party Honoring Shawty Lo [Video]
Sheryl Lee Ralph Posted Her Son & Twitter is Now DROOLING! [Photos]
Jaw Dropper: SZA Shows Off Her ASSets in Skims Photoshoot
Latocha Scott - Majic After Dark [Register to Win]
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex ‘4 Times a Night for 23 Years’
Michael B. Jordan Vs. Jonathan Majors: Who Really Holds The Title Of Sexiest Man Alive?