If you haven’t already signed up yet, but still plan to, here are some of the top facts you need to keep in mind:
- You can sign up online by going to HealthCare.gov or to your state insurance exchange. If you don’t know what your state marketplace is called, HealthCare.gov can help provide guidance. You can also call 1-800-318-2596 to sign up by phone or get assistance.
- You may have a little trouble signing up today. According to The Associated Press, people who visited HealthCare.gov this morning saw messages that the site was down for maintenance, which officials are saying was caused by a software bug.
- The deadline is midnight EDT for the states where the federal government is running the sign-up website. States that are running their own exchanges have set their own deadlines.
- If you started an application by Monday but can’t finish, the government says it will accept paper applications until April 7.
- The next open enrollment is scheduled to start on November 15, 2014 and it’s scheduled to end on February 15, of next year
Also On Majic 107.5 / 97.5 Atlanta: