We found out Ava DuVernay would be directing an episode of ABC’s hit series “Scandal” this summer, and we’ve been impatiently waiting for the episode to air ever since. Luckily for us, the wait is over!
According to reports, DuVernay’s directorial debut on the political drama will broadcast tomorrow night. The episode, entitled “Vermont is For Lovers Too,” will follow Olivia and the team as they “try to handle both uncovering the truth behind Operation Remington, while also managing a potential crisis with the Josie Marcus campaign. Meanwhile, Quinn falls further down the rabbit hole with Charlie, and Cyrus creates a plan to take down Sally, but doesn’t think of the possible harm he could inflict on himself.”
“I could say what’s going on here… but I’d get thrown in the hole by B613,” she captioned under a photo of her and Kerry Washington. “So, just watch tomorrow! The next episode of SCANDAL is entitled “Vermont is For Lovers Too” and is directed by yours truly. Hope anyone who tunes in enjoys! xoxo – Ava.”
We can’t contain out excitement, either. With Shonda Rhimes, Washington and DuVernay all on board for the same project, this is definitely a reflection of Black excellence at its best!
In related news, DuVernay and Washignton are scheduled to team up again for Lee Daniels’ upcoming Martin Luther King, Jr. drama Selma.
Check out the sneak peek and promo clip for tomorrow night’s episode, below.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery
The Saks Fifth Avenue 'Scandal' Collection
1. 8 Pieces We Want From The Saks Fifth Avenue Scandal Collection But Really Can't Afford1 of 9
2. Akris Punto Leather Pencil Skirt ($1580)2 of 9
3. Akris Punto Double-Breasted Wool Blazer ($1190)3 of 9
4. Akris Punto Wrap-Waist Dress ($995)4 of 9
5. Akris Punto Peplum-Back Wool Jacket ($1580)5 of 9
6. Burberry Prorsum Rubber-Paneled Cotton Trenchcoat ($2795)6 of 9
7. Oscar de la Renta Slim Leather Dress ($2690)7 of 9
8. Valentino Ribbed Open-Back Dress ($3200)8 of 9
9. Weekend MaxMara Geneve Tweed Check Coat ($805)9 of 9
Ava DuVernay To Make Her Directorial Debut On ‘Scandal’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com