HelloBeautiful.com’s “Base Level” column features the hottest new artists we’re buzzing about. Before they make it to the summit of superstardom, we spot them at base level–the beginning of their hopeful journey to the top.
Yes, we’re aware of Robin Thicke and Justin Timberlake having the whole blue-eyed soul thing on lock, but there’s room in the industry for new blood. Cviro (pronounced Cairo) is just that. The Autralian-born crooner is new on the scene, but he’s been making waves with his hauntingly melodic vocals and smooth beats.
If you want the chance to say, I knew Cviro when…, then get to know him and allow us to let you in on the Base Level.
Name: Cviro (pronounced cairo)
Hometown: Gold Coast, Australia
Musical Inspirations: This is a difficult question to answer because there are so many artists I draw inspiration from. The few key artists that stand out to me when I was a kid would have to be Jagged Edge, Jon B, Donnell Jones, Tank and Aaliyah. The people I am listening now to range from Drake, Jhene, J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, School Boy Q, The Weeknd, How to dress well, JMSN and Shlohmo. There are too many good artists to name that inspire me, the list does not stop!
Biggest Break Thus Far: Assembling my dream team to finish off my EP “Elevation” which consisted of myself, GXNXVS and Vanessa Elisha. It’s not easy to find people who you can just vibe with on every level to create music.
Biggest Fear As A New Artist: Failing to achieve the goals I have set out for myself and my crew.
When Did You Know This Was What You Wanted To Do: My dad was a musician so music has been a part of my life since I was born. I think 90s R & B was really where my infatuation with music began. I also learned quickly that girls loved it when guys could sing!
If you were the lovechild of two musicians–dead or alive–who would they be? This may sound messed up. But if Ginuwine and Timbaland had a child while they where working together in the mid/late 90′s and that kid grew up, it would be me! I feel like what they achieved changed the soundscape of conventional R & B music. I’m doing my best to take that same path this year.
Check Out Cviro’s “Faded:”
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery Of The Hottest Looks Of The Week!
The Best Style Moments Of The Week
1. Beyonce performs on stage during "The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour" at the Barclays Center1 of 17
2. Mariah Carey attends Lee Daniels' "The Butler" New York premiere, hosted by TWC, DeLeon Tequila and Samsung Galaxy2 of 17
3. Tika Sumpter attends Lee Daniels' "The Butler" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater3 of 17
4. Anna Wintour attends Lee Daniels' "The Butler" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater4 of 17
5. Model Yaya DaCosta attends Lee Daniels' "The Butler" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater5 of 17
6. V Personality Alicia Quarles attends Lee Daniels' "The Butler" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater6 of 17
7. Singer Fantasia attends Lee Daniels' "The Butler" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater7 of 17
8. Keisha Nash Whitaker and actor Forest Whitaker attend Lee Daniels' "The Butler" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater8 of 17
9. Oprah Winfrey leaves the "Good Morning America" taping at the ABC Times Square Studios9 of 17
10. Rita Ora Spotted in New York10 of 17
11. Keshia Knight Pulliam attends Lee Daniels' "The Butler" New York Premiere at Ziegfeld Theater11 of 17
12. Kerry Washington arrives at the 2013 Television Critics Association's Summer Press Tour12 of 17
13. Sara Ramirez arrives at the 2013 Television Critics Association's Summer Press Tour13 of 17
14. Melanie Fiona attends G-Shock - Shock The World 2013 at Basketball City14 of 17
15. Busta Rhymes attends G-Shock - Shock The World 2013 at Basketball City15 of 17
16. Estelle attends G-Shock - Shock The World 2013 at Basketball City16 of 17
17. Vashtie Kola attends G-Shock - Shock The World 2013 at Basketball City17 of 17
BASE LEVEL: Imagine The Lovechild Of Ginuwine & Timbaland, That’s Cviro [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com