Music has a way of increasing productivity in most of us, and even does a great job of soothing and motivating many to stay the course in stressful work environments. I have used music to get me through days at work since I worked as an intern. And with live streaming today, many of you incorporate both music and news streaming into your daily routine. Here is a list of some of the top music and news streaming sites women tune into while in the workplace.
1) Pandora: As a free and personalized internet radio station, Pandora allows one to listen in on some of their favorite artists, directed by stations created specifically by each listener. Most people create these stations based upon artists and songs, and when polled, my executive girlfriends listed the following stations as some of their favorites.
- Alice Smith
- Anita Baker
- Emeli Sande
- Audra Mc Donald
- Mary Mary
- Kendrick Lamar
- Robert Glasper
2) Spotify: Spotify is a digital music service that gives you free access to millions of songs. An advantage of this service is the ability of the listener to select the actual artist and/or song that they want to hear. While Pandora and other music streaming sites select the tunes played, you as the listener can search directly for the exact music you want at that time.
3) SoundCloud: This digital community of artists and music houses some of the most underrated DJ mixes known to mankind. DJs such as DJ Kiss, DJ M.O.S., Reg West, DJ Lonnie B, DJ Evil Dee, etc. all have personal and live mixes uploaded on this site. One can literally log on, stream their favorite DJ’s mix and produce requested documents for their boss at the same time!
4) NPR: National Public Radio is a hybrid of all things ground breaking. News, music, arts &life are all served on this nationally renowned outlet. Millions stay tuned throughout the work day to keep abreast on up to date news worthy events and groundbreaking music and arts developments.
5) ESPN New York Radio: A dear friend of mine is a VP for an international pharmaceutical company and she admits to listening to ESPN New York Radio three to four hours a day to keep up with her beloved Celtics.
What are some of your favorite streaming sites to listen to while you work?
Rashida Maples, Esq. is Founder and Managing Partner of J. Maples & Associates (www.jmaplesandassociates.com). She has practiced Entertainment, Real Estate and Small Business Law for 9 years, handling both transactional and litigation matters. Her clients include R&B Artists Bilal and Olivia, NFL Superstar Ray Lewis, Fashion Powerhouse Harlem’s Fashion Row and Hirschfeld Properties, LLC.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
More Women In The Workplace:
Check Out This Gallery Of HelloBeautiful’s Women In The Workplace Event!
Whistle While You Work: The Top 5 Sites To Stream Music & News While Working was originally published on hellobeautiful.com