Georgia ranks third when it comes to the foreclosure crisis that’s devastating communities. Congressman David Scott has invited representatives from 26 banks and lending institutions as well as representatives from the Obama Administration to help reduce the problem, for his two-day “Help for Homeowners Community Events. Too many people in Georgia are facing foreclosures who are not aware that Georgia has $340 million dollars available to help pay mortgages in hard times. It’s called the Home Safe Georgia Program.
Find out about the Home Safe Georgia Program, how you can apply for it, and you can get help applying for it at this two-day event at the Georgia International Convention Center. This program is specifically targeted for those who are unemployed or people who have seen a drop in income. Come to the “Help for Homeowners Community Event” today and tomorrow to meet with bankers and counselors to help you stay in your homes.
The event is Friday, June 1, 2012, from 1 pm until 8 pm and Saturday, June 2, 2012, from 9am until 3 pm.
- Monthly mortgage statement
2. Information about any other mortgages on your home
3. Two most recent pay stubs for all household members contributing toward mortgage
- 4. If self-employed, the most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement and two years of tax returns
5. Documentation of income you receive from other sources such as alimony, child support or social security
6. Three most recent bank statements
7. A utility bill showing homeowner name and property address
8. Unemployment insurance letter
WHEN: FRIDAY, June 1, 2012 1pm – 8 pm
SATURDAY, June 2, 2012, 9 am – 3 pm
WHERE: Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse
College Park, GA30337